Today was my first day of work at my new job. Yay working! I won’t tell you exactly what the work is, or where, but I will provide some first impressions & specific things I am grateful for:
– the fancypants coffee/tea/hot cocoa maker, which saved me when I left my tea on the counter at home.
– that my coworkers seem nice & no one told me I was smelly despite my forgetting to put deodorant on this morning.
– that my coworker said that some Fridays, there is a dog that visits the office. (!!!)
– that when I stayed past 5 pm, I was told to go home.
– that when I got locked out without my office keys, phone or ID, a kind stranger let me in when I banged on the front door and made a sad face with praying hands.
– that I was the most over-dressed person at the office, which means I can retire the heels & suits already!
– that no one beeped when I stalled on the way to and from work, twice. Twice each time.